Dear Brigantine Homeowner,
Do you know about the Atlantic County Utilities Authority’s (“ACUA”) Valet Trash and Recycling service?
Participating residents will NOT need to bring trash or recycling containers to the curb. On your regularly scheduled trash/recycle day, the ACUA’s collection staff will retrieve the containers from your Brigantine residence where you specify, empty them and return them to your residence.
- It’s convenient, easy to sign up, and helps our environment.
- It only takes a few minutes to sign up online. Go to link and click “New Application” http://www.acua.com/acua/valetservices.aspx
- No more worry or stress about packing your car (or asking your renters to do it) with trash and recycling to take to the convenience center before it closes!
- New Applicants receive a 95-gallon trash can with lid
- Lidded can keeps trash in and reduces the chances it will end up on your property and our streets!
- Also request a new blue 20-gallon recycling bucket – one free each year – delivered!
**There is a fee [ACUA] involved, but it’s reasonable. And we’re hoping this investment can pay our community back in other ways. According to the most current NJ DEP recycling data available, Brigantine’s recycling rate is 41%. We are 2nd to last in Atlantic County; first place is 73%!
Increasing our recycling rate means less city expenses and more potential revenues, it:
- reduces the trash disposal rate – which means less trash tonnage fees Brigantine has to pay. ACUA picks up recycling for free.
- gives us more points when it comes to allocating the states’ recycling grant funds back to the municipalities. A successful recycling program = more awarded
- promotes our island, bringing in more visitors, who may support local business
If you’re a homeowner who rents, consider building the cost of this service into your weekly or seasonal rental charge. 2013 packages currently available
- July 1 – September 6 = $194 approx. $20/week
- September 9 – October 25 (extended service) = $90 approx. $13/week
Also, Brigantine’s Realtors, Public Works, and Green Team have put together a Recycling Flyer for renter’s welcome packets. If you don’t rent through a Brigantine Real Estate company, print out the flyer found here and leave for your renters. Brigantine Recycles Flyer You can also request the flyer by emailing with the subject “Recycling Flyer” BrigantineBeachGreenTeam@outlook.com).
We can do better as a community. Awareness of what is recyclable is key!